Friday, August 27, 2010

Sacrificial Fries

This post has nothing to do with fries...yet. Have you ever had one of those days when you just want to strip to your skivvies and go play in the warm summer rain? Ok, maybe not as an adult, there are some serious moral and public nudity issues we have to deal with if we did, but have you ever felt like it?

We went to Lagoon last Friday and it was fun outside of the heat. On the way home I had some fun dips on the memory pool about Lagoon and one of them was a time the summer I turned 16. My friend Ryan R. worked at Lagoon and he was going to try and sneak me into an employee only pool party by giving me his badge and him getting in on knowing the people. Alas, a storm blew in and they cancelled the party just as we got there due to lightning. Major bummer. But he had planned to meet up with a group of other employees so we all headed to a park in Centerville, changed into our swimsuits and played in the rain at the park.

The next time that I remember was at my orientation for SUU. Being into theater in high school, I'd come out of my shell more...yes, it really was more. So I got to talking with several of the other freshman hanging out waiting for something...I don't remember what. But it started raining. And I couldn't help it. I excused myself and went out and sang and danced in the rain. I totally blame it on choir and theater. :) The other freshman thought I was a little odd (at least that's as much as they told me when I came back in).

This summer we have had some wonderful summer rains and I've watched them all from the comfort of my cube or my house but never revelled in the freedom found getting soaked and not caring. So the next time it rains this summer, I encourage you to go out and enjoy it no matter how old you are.

1 comment:

Aaron said...

It's cold outside....and starting to snow....I will pass on the rain dance.